Search This Blog

25/11/2014

Winning & a hot drink!







Cup cosy's make for happy mugs and hands!

For those of you that follow me on Facebook & Twitter will have seen that I have a new job!



What most of you wont see through the delightful happy posts & tweets is the reality of what running a business & working 20-30 hours a week in another job is. Its getting up to do business work on 4-5 hours sleep when I have 'work' in the evening so working a 16-20 hour day is not uncommon. It's never having a full day off because for a business to succeed it requires immense amounts of hard work, especially since everything is hand made by me. I'm often found crocheting or knitting on the couch till I fall asleep in my work.
Your average night

The old job, which I'm in till Friday, can be physically as well as mentally demanding & draining. The hours are not set so I often find myself trying to change shifts as I have arranged meetings/have workshops etc & have been unable to get the time off I need. Its trying to pick up more hours when mine are short, so I can live, do not want to touch the business money at all if I can help it.

Getting weekends off, being a waitress, is a nightmare as well but all my workshops & stalls are at weekends!

However this is all about to change!

Me now...
My new job is set hours. Its also day shifts so my sleeping pattern might now start to match the average person (mines currently sleeping hours between 4.30am - 12pm if on a night shift with no daytime business work that needs to be done in the morning) & its weekday work too....jackpot!

The volume of stress & pressure that has been taken off me is incredible as now I feel I can start to get more organised rather than playing it by ear & it being a week to week or day to day plan.

So new workshops! Yay!

Look how happy he is with a snuggle coffee!
After a mega successful weekend of workshops; pom-pom's Friday, arm & finger knitting Saturday & crochet, perfect fit, mittens on Sunday I'm looking ahead to December!

Thank you Sian for letting me photograph your fingers!
The Crosby Tea Room dates are already available for mega pom-pom decorations on the 13th & crochet Christmas decorations on the 14th December (more on them later in the week!)  but now let me introduce you to knitted or crochet cup cosies on the 7th December at Quill's Coffee Shop in Rex!

YOU NEED TO BOOK ON THIS ONE as its a set start time of 12 - 3pm! I will bring all the materials need!


Only £5 each (retail up to £10 on Etsy!) you will go home with a hand made cup cosie which is great for yourself or as a gift for that tea or coffee lover in your life!


You can either book online by clicking here or you can book through Quill's Coffee Shop themselves & do not forget to have a shop around & stop by my little shop!






My shop :)

New design baby comforters!

New stock!

Baby hats & phone covers

Purses

Cable laptop covers

No comments:

Post a Comment