Search This Blog

06/01/2015

Knit a Tulip for ME!


I am constantly approached by charities wanting me to help them out with a project or a cause & I find it hard saying no. However if I said yes to every request I'd be a full time charity knitter unable to do my day job or my business. 

After the success of the NHS Blood drop campaign donations I felt the need to do some more woolly goodness.

However this one never asked me, I stumbled upon it via someone else I know & these guys are awesome!

Knit a Tulip for ME is wanting to take a campaign to Parliament next year to protest the governments funding cuts of families with disabled children. They want to lay 25,000 tulips outside, one to represent each child diagnosed in the UK with ME to show the volume of people that will be affected. The Tulips will all be for sale (bit like the ceramic poppies outside The Tower of London) to raise money for the charity AYME.

The deadline is May & I know that knitting magazines are doing features on it etc so they are building up a lot of awareness but they need A LOT more tulips! 



If you want to get involved them awesome! To save on everyone's p&p if you are local to me I will be sending off a batch with GOPA covering the postage cost so shall arrange a collection point! If not I can get the postage info for you or you can send to me & I'll send them on! 


Challenge accepted anyone? (The picture above is what 830 Tulips look like so can you imagine 25,000?!)

If so let me know how many you will commit too...be realistic & don't put yourself under too much pressure!

Colour wise it's all down to you!

UPDATE!!

If you are local to Liverpool you can drop the Tulips off to me at our bi-weekly craft meet or at Rex;The Concept store! (Map below) They will be having a collection box at the entrance! 



Rex Location

  

No comments:

Post a Comment